Thursday, January 18, 2007

Catchlights - Got alot to learn!


I know - this isn't "my town" and it's not even my child! It is my nephew and I read on the 2ps site about catchlights today, so I have been playing around tonight with that. This picture was taken this summer and I just happened to see it in my files and thought he had nice catchlights. He isn't really in great focus and my dad (who gave me his old canon D30) says that this camera doesn't focus well on auto mode - my big challenge to myself from here on out is to get off the autofocus! My next picture will be something nonauto! Wish me luck!!!

I also saw an article about setting up a garage studio! Love that idea and will have to look into that! I love this challenge. Hope I can stick with it!

7 comments:

lj0208 said...

ahhh catch lights.....
there really is that moment when it just happens and you can work it all out. the light turns on so to speak. once you get it you will be seeing them everywhere.

this is a good attempt for starting out, turn to the light and see how you go.

thanks for sharing

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

sorry my delete...read your post wrong...anyway, very cute pic. too bad the auto focus doesn't do well...I rely heavily on my autofocus. good luck!

Lori said...

Awww, what a cutie! Catchlights are tough, but this is a nice effort!

LaughterThoughts said...

what a FINE looking boy!:)

Edie Guess said...

Isn't he though!!!!

LaughterThoughts said...

okay, okay... so i posted some pictures... not going to be anything fancy, though, that's for sure... i'm obviously doing this just for fun- with my little pocket camera!